Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NEW VENUE: Barcade Opens on Newark Ave in Jersey City

Jersey City Barcade Location, Newark Ave @ Erie St
    (4 out of 5 llamas-image courtesy bluebison.net)
   
 So, the Jersey City Barcade finally opened, and I could not have been happier. Finally, here was my chance to visit the ubiquitous arcade-cum-dive-bar in my own haunt!
.....well, that image was quickly smashed, as when I got there at 9 pm I was ID'd, then
I began to notice that after 10 pm there was a line outside the door..but c'est la vie, it was opening weekend! I also gradually noticed a bit of a wait to play the arcade games, but hey, there's always the beer right?....unless you brought a credit card, in which case, you had to wait for the machine to be up and running again, since it broke down.


*sigh*

talk about opening weekend blues! But hey, I could just order a Dogfish...nope, they'd just run out.
 
-------------
                
 Talk about a challenging night..and yet I still gave it 4 out of 5 llamas! Why do you ask? I'll give you a couple of reasons...namely, the beer selection is still fabulous, service was great, food wasn't half bad for bar food, and- prompt arcade game repair service!When stupid Mario Bros. ate my quarters, Kevin--a part owner of Barcade and dexterous arcade machine repairman--was on hand to break open the front and do a McGyver on the machine's innards *yay*! Also, first and foremost, Barcade is the place to go and get trashed with a couple of good friends over some fine craft beer and escape from said friends occasionally for the novel pleasure of playing arcade games you haven't seen in twenty odd years. And so, just like the original, the Jersey City Barcade succeeds in being that place that you bring your out of town friends to, showing off how cool your 'hood has become. Now here's to hoping the bring back that Dogfish...







------------

No comments:

Post a Comment